2021 NFL Schedule Breakdown: Seattle Seahawks
Despite rumors surrounding a Russell Wilson trade, Wilson denies ever requesting a trade. Fortunately for Seattle, it doesn’t look like Wilson is going anywhere in the near future.
Additionally, Seattle made moves to improve their team and to keep the quarterback happy. One such move was the team trading for offensive lineman Gabe Jackson. Another key offseason move was extending wide receiver Tyler Lockett’s contract. This allowed the team to keep the great wide receiver tandem of Lockett and DK Metcalf.
The Seahawks have one of the best aerial attacks in football. If their defense improves, they could make a Super Bowl run in the NFC.
Seattle Seahawks Schedule:
- Week 1: Sun 09/12 at Indianapolis Colts
- Week 2: Sun 09/19 vs Tennessee Titans
- Week 3: Sun 09/26 at Minnesota Vikings
- Week 4: Sun 10/03 at San Francisco 49ers
- Week 5: Thu 10/07 vs Los Angeles Rams
- Week 6: Sun 10/17 at Pittsburgh Steelers
- Week 7: Mon 10/25 vs New Orleans Saints
- Week 8: Sun 10/31 vs Jacksonville Jaguars
- Week 9: BYE
- Week 10: Sun 11/14 at Green Bay Packers
- Week 11: Sun 11/21 vs Arizona Cardinals
- Week 12: Mon 11/29 at Washington Football Team
- Week 13: Sun 12/05 vs San Francisco 49ers
- Week 14: Sun 12/12 at Houston Texans
- Week 15: Sun 12/19 at Los Angeles Rams
- Week 16: Sun 12/26 vs Chicago Bears
- Week 17: Sun 1/02 vs Detroit Lions
- Week 18: Sun 01/09 at Arizona Cardinals
NFC West: Last season, the Seahawks narrowly won the division by winning their final two games over division foes, the 49ers and the Rams. With Wilson recommitted to the team and ready to give it his all, Seattle will remain the favorites to win the division. The only threat within the division is the Rams, who significantly upgraded their offense by trading for quarterback Matthew Stafford.
Matchups: Seattle has a tough stretch of games to begin the season. During the first six-week stretch of the season, not only will Seattle have to face the Colts, Titans and Steelers (all playoff contenders), but they will also have to face two divisional rivals in the 49ers and the Rams. Other noteworthy games include contests against the Packers and Saints.
Overall: Seattle is poised to make another play at the NFC West division and a long playoff run as long as Wilson is under center. Not only is he one of the most talented quarterbacks in the NFL, but he is also perhaps the most clutch (aside from the GOAT Tom Brady). With one of the best passing attacks in the league along with a strong running game featuring Wilson’s scrambling ability and Chris Carson out of the backfield, opposing defenses will run into all sorts of matchup problems. After last season’s disappointing Wild Card exit, the Seahawks are looking to return to the Super Bowl in 2021.
Prediction: The Seahawks will win the division with a 12-5 record, narrowly finishing ahead of the Rams.
Get the most-revealing celebrity conversations with the uInterview podcast!