2021 NFL Schedule Breakdown: Kansas City Chiefs
The two-time defending AFC champions will be looking to make the Super Bowl for the third consecutive time and hope to win it for the second time in three years. However, two of the big obstacles for the team will be the up-and-coming Buffalo Bills, who they met in the AFC title game the last season, as well as the Tennessee Titans. The Chiefs were able to easily beat the Bills, but they should still beware of Buffalo’s potential to rival them. Meanwhile, the Titans just got a whole lot better after the addition of Julio Jones. They will give the Chiefs a run for their money.
One of the biggest offseason moves was trading for Pro Bowler OT Orlando Brown Jr. Adding Brown is a good addition for a team that is looking to rebuild its offensive line. Brown is a young offensive tackle who will provide the necessary coverage for Patrick Mahomes to work his offensive magic. After all, Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill won’t do the Chiefs any good if Mahomes doesn’t have enough time in the pocket to locate them downfield. The addition of Brown should boost Kansas City’s offensive line immensely.
Kansas City Chiefs Schedule:
- Week 1: Sun 09/12 vs Cleveland Browns
- Week 2: Sun 09/19 at Baltimore Ravens
- Week 3: Sun 09/26 vs Los Angeles Chargers
- Week 4: Sun 10/03 at Philadelphia Eagles
- Week 5: Sun 10/10 vs Buffalo Bills
- Week 6: Sun 10/17 at Washington Football Team
- Week 7: Sun 10/24 at Tennessee Titans
- Week 8: Mon 11/01 vs New York Giants
- Week 9: Sun 11/07 vs Green Bay Packers
- Week 10: Sun 11/14 at Las Vegas Raiders
- Week 11: Sun 11/21 vs Dallas Cowboys
- Week 12: BYE
- Week 13:Sun 12/05 vs Denver Broncos
- Week 14: Sun 12/12 vs Las Vegas Raiders
- Week 15: Thu 12/16 at Los Angeles Chargers
- Week 16: Sun 12/26 vs Pittsburgh Steelers
- Week 17: Sun 1/02 at Cincinnati Bengals
- Week 18: Sun 01/09 at Denver Broncos
AFC West: It will be another easy division title for Kansas City. Last season, there was no real battle for the division because other teams struggled. The Chiefs cruised to another easy division title. The Chiefs were very rarely challenged during the regular season, finishing with a 14-2 record.
Matchups: In regard to the matchups, the Chiefs will face tough opponents when they play the Ravens, Bills, Titans, Packers and Steelers. But the most hyped game on the Chiefs’ schedule will be their Week 5 meeting with the Bills. It will be a rematch of last year’s AFC Championship game. Surely, Josh Allen and Buffalo want to redeem themselves after last year’s heartbreaking postseason loss.
Overall: Kansas City should be able to win most games in a dominating fashion. However, they should still prepare because their schedule has them facing AFC contenders this season. Aside from facing AFC Contenders, it should still be a fair schedule for Kansas. The Chiefs should be able to win a majority of their games except against a few contending teams such as the Bills and Titans.
Prediction: The Cheifs will finish with a 14-3 record, good for first in the AFC West.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.