News

Real Madrid New Signing Eder Militao Almost Faints In Opening Press Conference

Real Madrid’s new signing of Eder Militao was unveiled earlier on Wednesday, a 21-year-old Brazilian center back from FC Porto, the top Portuguese club in their respective league. A press conference was held for the new signing, where he displayed his excitement to join the team. He was asked about Neymar Jr.’s current situation of a possible transfer to his former club, FC Barcelona, where Militao loosened his tie and began to say he felt as if he was going to faint, concluding the press conference abruptly.

30 SPORTS FIGURES WHO DIED IN 2018 – TRIBUTE SLIDESHOW 

Before closing the press conference with a strange occurrence, he said, “I am very happy to be joining the best club in the world. Since I was a kid I wanted to play for Madrid, and with the help of my father, my family, my agents, I have reached this point. I will give everything on the pitch and hope to make history here,” Militao said, according to Metro.

Subscribe to our free weekly newsletter!

A week of sports news in your in-box.
We find the sports news you need to know, so you don't have to.

Militao is manager Zinedine Zidane’s fifth major signing this summer for the first team. Militao is joining the likes of new signings Eden Hazard, formerly of Chelsea, Luka Jovic from Benfica, 18-year-old Brazilian Rodrygo and Olympique Lyon fullback Ferland Mendy.

“Winning is part of this club’s DNA and nobody surrenders here. Today is an important day for us as we welcome one of the great defenders in world football,” Real Madrid president Florentino Perez said at the press conference with Militao at his side, according to Marca. “He arrives at just 21, he’s adapted quickly to European football and for five months he was part of the best defensive setup in Portuguese football with Porto. His courage and attitude will help him to succeed, as will the millions of fans we have around the world.”

Real Madrid finished third last season in the Spanish league, eight points behind second place Atletico Madrid, and 21 points behind the champions Barcelona.

Tyler Pence

Recent Posts

Proposal To Ban Controversial ‘Tush Push’ Put On Hold After A Split Vote

The "Tush Push," which has been one of the most highly debated plays in football…

3 hours ago

Carmelo Anthony Elected Into The Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame Class Of 2025

Carmelo Anthony, a ten-time NBA All-Star, has been elected into the Naismith Basketball Hall of…

4 hours ago

Grizzlies’ Ja Morant, Who Was Suspended For Posing With Guns, Makes Finger Guns Gesture Toward Golden State Warriors Bench

The Memphis Grizzlies lost their fourth straight game on Tuesday night, falling to the Golden…

1 day ago

Kevin Durant Set To Miss Critical Week(s) For Suns With Ankle Sprain

Phoenix Suns superstar Kevin Durant exited Sunday's game against the Houston Rockets with a left…

1 day ago

Micah Parsons Set To Become Highest-Paid Non-QB, Waiting on Agent Approval

The Dallas Cowboys have offered Micah Parsons a contract that would make him the highest-paid…

1 day ago

49ers Owner Says Offseason Decisions To Say Goodbye 17 Players Are Tied To Major Brock Purdy Deal

After deciding to say goodbye to 17 players in the offseason through free agency, trade…

2 days ago