2021 NFL Schedule Breakdown: Tennessee Titans
The Tennessee Titans will be entering the season as a massive playoff contender in the AFC. The Titans are looking to have a deeper playoff run than last year. However, Tennessee’s offense will look very different from last year’s unit. Former offensive coordinator Arthur Smith left to become head coach of the Falcons. This is a significant loss because Smith vastly improved the offense. However, the Titans recently acquired stud wide receiver Julio Jones in a trade, making this team’s offensive firepower scary good.
Todd Downing was promoted to offensive coordinator and will become Smith’s successor. He will get the opportunity to work with quarterback Ryan Tannehill, last year’s leading rusher Derrick Henry, as well as two All-Pro wide receivers in Jone and AJ Brown. So the big question is how Downing will do as the team’s new offensive coordinator.
Tennessee Titans Schedule:
- Week 1: Sun 09/12 vs Arizona Cardinals
- Week 2: Sunday 09/19 at Seattle Seahawks
- Week 3: Sun 09/26 vs Indianapolis Colts
- Week 4: Sun 10/03 at New York Jets
- Week 5: Sun 10/10 at Jacksonville Jaguars
- Week 6: Mon 10/18 vs Buffalo Bills
- Week 7: Sun 10/24 vs Kansas City Chiefs
- Week 8: Sun 10/31 at Indianapolis Colts
- Week 9: Sun 11/07 vs Los Angeles Rams
- Week 10: Sun 11/14 vs New Orleans Saints
- Week 11: Sun 11/21 vs Houston Texans
- Week 12: Sun 11/28 at New England Patriots
- Week 13: BYE
- Week 14: Sun 12/12 vs Jacksonville Jaguars
- Week 15: Sun 12/19 at Pittsburgh Steelers
- Week 16: Thu 12/23 vs San Francisco 49ers
- Week 17: Sun 01/02 vs Miami Dolphins
- Week 18: Sun 01/09 at Houston Texans
AFC South: The Titans are going to be battling the Colts for supremacy in the division. Last season, the Titans won the division and split their games against Indianapolis. After acquiring Jones, Tennessee is probably the favorite over Indianapolis, but either team could easily win the division. No matter what, Tennessee will finish either first or second in the division.
A week of sports news in your in-box.
We find the sports news you need to know, so you don't have to.
Matchups: The Titans will have a tough first half of the season. The team will have exciting games against the Bills, Colts, Chiefs, Seahawks, Steelers and Rams.
Overall: The Titans will have a winning season and be a force not to take lightly come postseason time. This team is built to win now. Tennessee could very well make a run at the Super Bowl.
Prediction: The Titans will finish with a 12-5 record, good for first place in the division.
Leave a comment
Get the most-revealing celebrity conversations with the uInterview podcast!