2021 NFL Mock Draft – Which Team Will Come Out On Top?
With the NFL regular season done for the teams that missed the playoffs, they are now turning towards gearing up for the upcoming NFL Draft.
1. Trevor Lawrence, QB: Jacksonville Jaguars The Jaguars hold the coveted first pick for the biggest prize. Lawrence has shown to be an effective quarterback that could play under pressure and lead teams. He is expected to be the first QB drafted as first since Andrew Luck in 2011.
2. Penei Sewell, OT: New York Jets The Jets were hoping to draft Lawrence, but the team lost the first pick after winning a game. Instead, the team will settle to draft Sewell that will help out their offense. It would give some more offensive options for current quarterback Sam Darnold.
3. Devonta Smith, WR: Miami Dolphins The Dolphins will have the chance to draft the Heisman winner Smith. Smith has been an effective wide receiver that would be enticing for Miami to add to their team. Miami has a good roster that is capable of making the playoffs and a solid quarterback. Having a great wide receiver would be beneficial and improve their roster.
4. Justin Fields, QB: Atlanta Falcons. The Falcons have the opportunity to draft Fields who would be a nice backup for current quarterback Matt Ryan. It is also a perfect chance to possibly have a new franchise quarterback and a talented one to grow.
5. Ja’Marr Chase, WR: Cincinnati Bengals. A great pickup for the Bengals because QB Joe Burrow has played with Chase. Both would have chemistry as Chase recorded 1,780 yards and 20 touchdowns in 2017 when playing with Burrow. This would give them a new young wide receiver and someone who plays well with Burrow.
6. Micah Parsons, LB: Philadelphia Eagles. With the Eagles needing significant roster improvement, drafting Parsons would help kick it off. A talented linebacker that has proven to be the best pass rusher in the draft class. It is helpful to draft him before deciding how to play him.
7. Jaylen Waddle, WR: Detriot Lions. Waddle is a smaller and effective playmaker that would be a great addition for Detroit. This would make Waddle a wide receiver that could adapt and play with any QB at the helm.
8. Kyle Pitts, TE: Carolina Panthers. The Panthers have a talented core of wide receivers on the team right now. It would make sense to draft Pitts who has great offensive skills and talent as a tight end. This would enable to further make the offense great for Carolina.
9. Rashawn Slater, OT: Denver Broncos. A talented offensive tackle that would help fix the line of Denver. The team already has a good developing quarterback. It would be better to improve for them to improve their line.
10. Caleb Farley, CB: Dallas Cowboys. Farley has athleticism that would be useful for Dallas in building up their secondary squad and backups. Farley is able to make plays and that is something the Cowboys are lacking with their squad.
11. Kwity Paye, DT: New York Giants. The Giants need to solidify their defense and they could do so by drafting Paye. Paye has the skills and talent to possibly emerge as an elite defensive tackle that would anchor New Yorks’ defense.
12. Zach Wilson, QB: San Fransico 49ers. A solid quarterback that could be a franchise quarterback in case, Jimmy Garoppolo does not turn out to be a good quarterback.
13. Wyatt Davis, OG: Los Angeles Chargers. The Chargers continue to rebuild a team and what they need right now is a tackle. So, it would make sense for the Chargers to draft Davis, a versatile player that could change plays in the line.
14. Patrick Surtain II, CB: Minnesota Vikings. Drafting Surtain would be a good start for the Vikings on their quest to rebuild their defense. The defense is something that the team needs help on as they have let talented defensive players walk. This would be a start for them to begin anew with a new young defensive core to grow.
15. Mac Jones, QB: New England Patriots. A possible choice for the Patriots as they could use another quarterback if they need changes. Especially, since right now they do not have a quarterback. If anything, Jones would be a solid placeholder if the team would want a different QB in the future.
16. Alijah Vera-Tucker, OG: Arizona Cardinals. As the Cardinals are focused on building their offense, an offensive guard is essential to do so. Drafting Vera would be able to protect Kyler Murray as the offense continues to be strengthened.
17. Gregory Rousseau, DE: Las Vegas Raiders. A talented pure pass rusher that would be ideal for any team to draft. Rousseau has the athleticism and speed needed that would attack any team to draft him.
18. Trey Smith, OG: Miami Dolphins. As current QB Tua Tagovailoa continues to learn and grow for Miami. It would be great for the team to get an offensive guard to safeguard and protect Tagovailoa.
19. Christian Darrishaw, OT: Washington Football Team. While the team is not going to address any possible QB drafting or changes, it is certain that the team will get Darrishaw.
20. Jalen Mayfield, OT: Chicago Bears. A talented pickup for the Bears that would provide protection.
21. Pat Freiermuth, TE, Jacksonville Jaguars. It would be a great addition to have now that the team will certainly draft Lawrence with the first pick. Having a young franchise quarterback will need a young talented tight end to help out. That is where Freiermuth comes into play. Not only could he protect but he could catch the ball for offensive needs.
22. Rondale Moore, WR: Indianapolis Colts. Although he is small for the position, he has proven that he could play the position well enough. Moore would be able to play like T.Y. Hilton and show that he is a good fit for the team.
23. Nick Bolton, LB: Cleveland Browns. Bolton would help the Browns out in having a young defense player help the upcoming Browns. A good pick that would certainly help the team out in the long run.
24. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB: Baltimore Ravens. A great pick because Owusu has the talent and ability to make plays. Playmaking is something important for the Ravens.
25. Christian Barmore, DT: Tennessee Titans. Although the Titans would need a better rusher, Barmore would still be a great pickup for the team. Barmore would bring stability and cohesion to the Titans line which is also needed.
26. Rashod Bateman, WR: New York Jets. An additional young wide receiver to help build a future offense.
27. Trey Lance, QB: Tampa Bay Buccaneers. While Tampa is banking on Tom Brady to lead them to glory, he will not remain forever. Brady is getting older, so it be wise to at least draft a young quarterback that will learn from Brady.
28. Travis Etienne, RB: Pittsburgh Steelers. The Steelers are continuing to look for another Le’Veon Bell in the draft. So, it is most likely that the trend would continue so they would draft Etienne.
29. Derion Kendrick, CB: New Orleans Saints. The Saint will probably not look for a quarterback as they are hoping that Drew Brees would still play. So, they will draft Kendrick.
30. Samuel Cosmi, OT: Buffalo Bills
Cosmi would be an important target for the Bills because of the role that he could provide for the team. Cosmi will be good at protecting QB Josh Allen and would be another piece for the Bills to remain competitive.
31. Jevon Holland, S: Green Bay Packers. Holland would fit well for the Packers defense.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.