INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA - MAY 31: Tyrese Haliburton #0 of the Indiana Pacers celebrates a basket against the New York Knicks during the second quarter in Game Six of the Eastern Conference Finals of the 2025 NBA Playoffs at Gainbridge Fieldhouse on May 31, 2025 in Indianapolis, Indiana. (Photo by Gregory Shamus/Getty Images)
After being barred from eight games following a confrontation with Milwaukee Bucks star forward Giannis Antetokounmpo, John Haliburton, Tyrese Haliburton‘s father, has been on his best behavior after being allowed to attend Indiana Pacers home games going forward.
John Haliburton was initially barred from both home and away games on May 1, which was two days after he and Antetokounmpo got into it following the Pacers’ series win over the Bucks. The moment was over relatively quickly, and Antetokounmpo noted afterwards that he felt disrespected by Haliburton, but spoke with him later, and they are now in a good place.
When the ban went through, Tyrese, who previously made clear that he did not condone his father’s actions, said that he understood the decision the Pacers made.
Inside the NBA’s Charles Barkley called for John Haliburton‘s ban to be lifted after the Pacers won Game 2 of the ECF vs. the Knicks on Friday.
Subscribe to our free weekly newsletter!
A week of sports news in your in-box.
We find the sports news you need to know, so you don't have to.
“It’s time to let Mr. Haliburton back in the building,” Barkley said Wednesday. “[Commissioner Adam Silver], I’m asking you… Hey, my man paid his dues. He did something really, really stupid. But he’s been punished. I’m asking you and the Indiana Pacers to let Mr. Haliburton back in the building for Games 3 and 4. Listen, he paid his dues. It shouldn’t be indefinite. He’s been punished enough, he will never do anything that stupid again.”
On Thursday, the NBA came down hard on the Utah Jazz and Indiana Pacers for…
The Philadelphia Phillies knew they were not going to enter the 2026 season with Nick…
On Friday, New England Patriots star wide receiver Stefon Diggs pleaded not guilty to felony…
After a controversial decision that left Team USA's Madison Chock and Evan Bates just 1.43…
President Donald Trump has pardoned ex-NFL players Nate Newton, Joe Klecko, Travis Henry, Jamal Lewis…
Kansas State men’s basketball coach Jerome Tang called out his players in a postgame press…