News

Tiger & Charlie Woods Come In Second At PNC Championship

There’s no better story this week than Tiger Woods‘ return to the golf course at the PNC Championship in Orlando with his 12-year-old son, Charlie Woods. The PNC Championship provides the chance for 20 Major Champions to team up with a member of their family to play golf.

Charlie proved to be the spitting image of his famous father both in looks and in mannerisms. Both wore Woods’ signature red polo and Charlie even has down the signature club twirl.

When Woods got into a bad car crash last February, there was no guarantee he would play golf again.

“The fact that I’m able to have this opportunity this year, even a couple of weeks ago we didn’t really know whether or not I would be doing this, but here we are,” Woods said. “And we had just the best time ever, and I just wish I could have walked down the fairways with him and been side by side with him the entire time like we were last year.”

Subscribe to our free weekly newsletter!

A week of sports news in your in-box.
We find the sports news you need to know, so you don't have to.

Woods and Charlie came in second, just two shots behind John Daly and his son, John Daly II, who is a freshman on the University of Arkansas golf team.

Team Woods combined to shoot 15-under 57, including 11 consecutive birdies, an eagle and four pars.

Woods has not put a timeline on his return to the PGA Tour.

“I like competing,” Woods said. “I’m not going to play a full schedule ever again. I’m going to have to pick and choose what events, and even then, my body might not cooperate with that. So I don’t know how many events I’m going to be playing in. And it’s going to be up to training sessions, practice sessions, recovery tactics, all those different things to be able to do this again because it didn’t look good there for a while about it.”

Rose Carter

Recent Posts

Peyton Watson Traded To Cavaliers In Multi-Team Blockbuster

The Cleveland Cavaliers have acquired forward Peyton Watson in a multi-team trade finalized in August…

9 hours ago

James Harden Agrees To 3-Year, $97M Deal to Remain With Cavaliers – Is He Worth It?

James Harden is staying in Cleveland. The veteran guard has agreed to a three-year, $97…

9 hours ago

Mexico’s CONMEBOL Ambitions Could Become Entangled With Infantino’s FIFA Future

Mexico's relationship with the international soccer establishment is facing a potentially significant turning point after…

9 hours ago

Ketel Marte Placed On Restricted List, Returns To Phoenix For Knee Testing

Arizona Diamondbacks second baseman Ketel Marte did not appear for Monday's series opener against the…

2 days ago

Jeanie Buss Opposes Family’s Sale Of Remaining Lakers Stake To Bob Iger & Joshua Kushner

A family rift has erupted at the top of the Los Angeles Lakers, as Jeanie…

2 days ago

Former Wimbledon Finalist Nick Kyrgios Provisionally Suspended After Testing Positive For Cocaine

Former Wimbledon finalist Nick Kyrgios has been provisionally suspended from professional tennis after testing positive…

2 days ago