• Home  /
  • Features   /
  • Floyd Mayweather Reveals Fight Vs Conor McGregor Now ‘Likely To Happen’
Floyd Mayweather Reveals Fight Vs Conor McGregor Now ‘Likely To Happen’ Floyd Mayweather Appears in Photo with 19-Year-Old UK Girl - Caption:LAS VEGAS, NV - SEPTEMBER 12: Andre Berto (L) and Floyd Mayweather Jr. battle in the 11th round of their WBC/WBA welterweight title fight at MGM Grand Garden Arena on September 12, 2015 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Mayweather retained his titles with a unanimous-decision victory. (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images) Full view

Caption:LAS VEGAS, NV - SEPTEMBER 12: Andre Berto (L) and Floyd Mayweather Jr. battle in the 11th round of their WBC/WBA welterweight title fight at MGM Grand Garden Arena on September 12, 2015 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Mayweather retained his titles with a unanimous-decision victory. (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images)

Floyd Mayweather Reveals Fight Vs Conor McGregor Now ‘Likely To Happen’

A boxing match between retired champion Floyd Mayweather and UFC star Conor McGregor has been in the works for several weeks, and now that much-anticipated bout seems closer than ever to happening.

Floyd Mayweather Reveals Fight Vs Conor McGregor Now ‘Likely To Happen’

The pair have been exchanging verbal jabs and argued over financial terms for the fight, and McGregor has even taken concrete steps. The Irishman obtained a license to box in California last month.

Mayweather, who retired in September 2015 with a 49-0 record, says a fight against McGregor would be the only one he’d be interested in post-retirement.

“Most likely the fight between me and Conor McGregor will happen,” Mayweather, who turns 40 in February, told Sky Sports 1.

“That’s the only fight that will get me back in the ring. He’s going to do a job on his side and we are going to do a job on my side and hopefully all the fans in the UK come over and support me.

“I don’t know (when it will be), I need to communicate with my team, the fight hasn’t been made yet, but it is all about entertainment so hopefully we can make it happen.”

While Mayweather was talking at ringside during Carl Frampton’s WBA Welterweight title fight in Las Vegas, McGregor was holding a Q&A session with fans in Manchester.

“I believe this is the first billion fight. I think it will happen at the end of this year or the start of next year,” McGregor was reported as saying at the event.

He also added, when asked if Mayweather will be his next fight: “One-hundred percent. I believe the next time I step into a combat arena will be through the ropes wearing 10-ounce or eight-ounce gloves. I believe so.”

The 28-year-old is expecting a child with his girlfriend, Dee Devlin. He has been linked with a switch to wrestling, too, but is taking time off as he prepares to be a father.

Caption:LAS VEGAS, NV – SEPTEMBER 12: Andre Berto (L) and Floyd Mayweather Jr. battle in the 11th round of their WBC/WBA welterweight title fight at MGM Grand Garden Arena on September 12, 2015 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Mayweather retained his titles with a unanimous-decision victory. (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images)

Written by Pablo Mena
Read more about: