2021 NFL Schedule Breakdown: Pittsburgh Steelers
The Pittsburgh Steelers will be looking to repeat as the AFC North division champions and redeem themselves after getting bounced from the postseason by the Browns in the Wild Card round. Last season, the Steelers finished atop the division standings with a 12-4 record. However, after beginning the year 11-0, they really struggled down the stretch. The Steelers did not make the deep playoff run they were hoping for in 2020, but 2021 provides an opportunity for this group of veterans to bounce back.
Pittsburgh Steelers Schedule:
- Week 1: Sun 09/12 at Buffalo Bills
- Week 2: Sunday 09/19 vs Las Vegas Raiders
- Week 3: Sun 09/26 vs Cincinnati Bengals
- Week 4: Sun 10/03 at Green Bay Packers
- Week 5: Sun 10/10 vs Denver Broncos
- Week 6: Sun 10/17 vs Seattle Seahawks
- Week 7: BYE
- Week 8: Sun 10/31 at Cleveland Browns
- Week 9: Mon 11/08 vs Chicago Bears
- Week 10: Sun 11/14 vs Detroit Lions
- Week 11: Sun 11/21 at Los Angeles Chargers
- Week 12: Sun 11/28 at Cincinnati Bengals
- Week 13: Sun 12/05 vs Baltimore Ravens
- Week 14: Thu 12/09 at Minnesota Vikings
- Week 15: Sun 12/19 vs Tennessee Titans
- Week 16: Sun 12/26 at Kansas City Chiefs
- Week 17: Mon 01/03 vs Cleveland Browns
- Week 18: Sun 01/09 at Baltimore Ravens
AFC North: The Steelers will have tough competition throughout their quest to repeat as division champions. They will face threats in their division such as the Ravens and Browns. Last season, the Steelers won the division via the tiebreaker. Both the Steelers and Ravens finished with 12-4 records (and identical 4-2 division records), but the Steelers took the division crown because they had the head-to-head tiebreaker over Baltimore.
Matchups: The Steelers will have one of the toughest schedules in the entire NFL. Since Pittsburgh should be a solid team this year, the schedule will provide a lot of close games between two upper-echelon franchises. Notable games will include the Steelers’ season opener in Buffalo against the Bills. Other great must-watch games will be in Week 4 when Pittsburgh travels to Green Bay to take on the Packers, a Week 6 home matchup with the Seahawks and a Week 16 battle of AFC heavyweights when the Steelers take on the Chiefs at Arrow Head Stadium. But the biggest game (with the most consequences) will be Week 18’s matchup with the Ravens. Both teams will be fighting for the division title and that game will very likely have enormous playoff implications.
Overall: The Steelers are looking to redeem themselves following a disappointing early playoff exit last season. However, a major obstacle for them is the difficult schedule that they must endure in order to make it to the postseason. Still, Pittsburgh has so much talent on both sides of the ball that it is very hard to anticipate any scenario in which they fail to make the playoffs. The only way that Pittsburgh fails is if veteran quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is forced to miss extended time due to an injury.
Prediction: The Steelers will finish 11-6 this season and will make a postseason run.