2021 NFL Schedule Breakdown: New York Giants
The New York Giants continue to build in their post-Eli Manning era. Last season, the Giants exceeded expectations in their first full season without Manning on the roster. The team was very close to winning the division and making the playoffs for the first time since 2016.
Head coach Joe Judge will look to continue the Giants’ improvement and perhaps qualify for the playoffs this upcoming season. The team also has taken massive strides on the defensive side of the ball. New York had one of the best defenses in the league last season.
The Giants will expect third-year quarterback Daniel Jones to improve this season. To help out Jones, the team signed Pro Bowl wide receiver Kenny Golladay. Golladay and Jones both have good chemistry so far in practice. New York also added rookie wideout Kadarius Toney in the first round of the 2021 NFL Draft to help Jones. Jones has no excuses now. It’s time to put up or shut up.
New York Giants Schedule:
- Week 1: Sun 09/12 vs Denver Broncos
- Week 2: Thu 09/16 at Washington Football Team
- Week 3: Sun 09/26 vs Atlanta Falcons
- Week 4: Sun 10/03 at New Orleans Saints
- Week 5: Sun 10/10 at Dallas Cowboys
- Week 6: Sun 10/17 vs Los Angeles Rams
- Week 7: Sun 10/24 vs Carolina Panthers
- Week 8: Mon 11/01 at Kansas City Cheifs
- Week 9: Sun 11/07 vs Las Vegas Raiders
- Week 10: BYE
- Week 11: Mon 11/22 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Week 12: Sun 11/28 vs Philadelphia Eagles
- Week 13:Sun 12/05 at Miami Dolphins
- Week 14: Sun 12/12 at Los Angeles Chargers
- Week 15: Sun 12/19 vs Dallas Cowboys
- Week 16: Sun 12/26 at Philadelphia Eagles
- Week 17: Sun 1/02 at Chicago Bears
- Week 18: Sun 01/09 vs Washington Football Team
NFC East: The division was competitive in 2020 for three teams: the Giants, Washington and Dallas. New York was very close to winning the division but came up just short. This coming season, the team will be able to compete and have a chance to win it this time. The Giants should dominate the Eagles, but their matchups with Washington and Dallas will be difficult.
Matchups: The Giants will have key games against Washington, who won the division last season. If the team wants to win the division crown, then beating Washington is on the top of their list. New York will also have tough games when they face off with the Chiefs, Rams and Buccaneers. New York also has some easier games on the schedule such as matchups with Atlanta, Philadelphia, Denver and Carolina.
Overall: The Giants are desperately looking to make the playoffs. The team added Golladay to form an offensive duo with Jones. Jones is expected to improve in his third NFL season. The Giants can finish anywhere between first and last place in the division. They are a somewhat inconsistent football team. The offense will need to improve dramatically if they want to compete.
Prediction: The Giants will finish with a 9-8 record.