2021 NFL Schedule Breakdown: Indianapolis Colts
The Indianapolis Colts will be entering the season with a bit of uncertainty regarding their quarterback spot. Last season, the team had signed Philip Rivers on a one-year deal, and Rivers helped the team make the playoffs again. However, this time the team will be without Rivers, who retired during the offseason.
So Indianapolis tried to resolve the vacant quarterback spot by trading for Carson Wentz. Now there are concerns about having Wentz as the starting quarterback for the Colts. One issue is the inconsistency he had in 2020 with the Eagles. In that season, Wentz threw 15 interceptions and only 16 touchdowns. Wentz will need to get back to his former self and show some consistency. Otherwise, we could be looking at a trainwreck of a season for the Colts. Overall, Wentz will do just fine in Indianapolis, though it may take him a few games to adapt to the offense.
Indianapolis Colts Schedule:
- Week 1: Sun 09/12 vs Seattle Seahawks
- Week 2: Sunday 09/19 vs Los Angeles Rams
- Week 3: Sun 09/26 at Tennessee Titans
- Week 4: Sun 10/03 at Miami Dolphins
- Week 5: Mon 10/11 at Baltimore Ravens
- Week 6: Sun 10/17 vs Houston Texans
- Week 7: Sun 10/24 at San Francisco 49ers
- Week 8: Sun 10/31 vs Tennessee Titans
- Week 9: Thu 11/04 vs New York Jets
- Week 10: Sun 11/14 vs Jacksonville Jaguars
- Week 11: Sun 11/21 at Buffalo Bills
- Week 12: Sun 11/28 vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Week 13: Sun 12/05 at Houston Texans
- Week 14: BYE
- Week 15: Sun 12/19 vs New England Patriots
- Week 16: Sat 12/25 at Arizona Cardinals
- Week 17: Sun 01/02 vs Las Vegas Raiders
- Week 18: Sun 01/09 at Jacksonville Jaguars
AFC South: The Colts are one of the top teams within the division, with the other being the Titans. So it will be either the Colts or the Titans taking the division title this season. However, inconsistency regarding the starting quarterback position will lessen the Colts’ chances of finishing the season as division champs. If Wentz can develop some chemistry with the wide receiver unit, particularly T.Y. Hilton and Michael Pittman Jr., then they will be just fine. They already have an incredibly strong running game. Indianapolis should have no problem against the Texans and Jaguars within the division, but the Titans are an offensive juggernaut.
Matchups: Indianapolis will face a variety of strong teams like the Bills, Bucs, Titans, Ravens and Seahawks. However, after examining the team’s full schedule, it is quite favorable. They will face rebuilding teams and middle-of-the-pack squads like the aforementioned Texans and Jaguars, as well as the Jets, Patriots and Raiders.
Overall: The Colts should have another winning season. They have a fair schedule that is neither hard nor easy. However, one of the most important factors that will determine their season is the ability of a new quarterback.
Predictions: The Colts will finish second in the AFC South with an 11-6 record.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.