2021 NFL Schedule Breakdown: Denver Broncos
The Broncos are currently assessing their starting quarterback situation. Third-year quarterback Drew Lock and veteran Teddy Bridgewater will battle it out for the starting job. Last season, Lock was the starting quarterback for the team. Bridgewater was acquired by the team in an offseason trade and will bring experience to the team.
To make matters a bit more complicated, there has been rumors of a potential blockbuster trade for Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers requested a trade from the Packers after a fallout with the organization. Denver was one of the favorite teams to land Rodgers because of their salary cap space and position. If the Packers are willing to trade their disgruntled star, Denver has the best chance to land the MVP quarterback. With Rodgers on the team to lead the young Denver team, there is a good possibility that they can make the playoffs either this coming season or in 2022.
Denver Broncos Schedule:
- Week 1: Sun 09/12 at New York Giants
- Week 2: Sun 09/19 at Jacksonville Jaguars
- Week 3: Sun 09/26 vs New York Jets
- Week 4: Sun 10/03 vs Baltimore Ravens
- Week 5: Sun 10/10 at Pittsburgh Steelers
- Week 6: Sun 10/17 vs Las Vegas Raiders
- Week 7: Thu 10/21 at Cleveland Browns
- Week 8: Sun 10/31 vs Washington Football Team
- Week 9: Sun 11/07 at Dallas Cowboys
- Week 10: Sun 11/14 vs Philadelphia Eagles
- Week 11: BYE
- Week 12: Sun 11/28 vs Los Angeles Chargers
- Week 13:Sun 12/05 at Kansas City Chiefs
- Week 14: Sun 12/12 vs Detroit Lions
- Week 15: Sun 12/19 vs Cincinnati Bengals
- Week 16: Sun 12/26 at Las Vegas Raiders
- Week 17: Sun 1/02 at Los Angeles Chargers
- Week 18: Sun 01/09 vs Kansas City Chiefs
AFC West: Denver will not fare well in the division this season. The team is currently still rebuilding so do not expect them to win the division. The Broncos have a chance to finish second in the division, but it will be a difficult task. They were the worst team in the division last season. Last season, the Broncos lost all their matchups with the Raiders, Chiefs and Chargers. That cannot happen again if they want to compete in the top-heavy AFC West.
Matchups: The Broncos start the season with three winnable games. They will face three fellow rebuilding teams before facing three playoff teams in their next five games. From weeks 8-12, the team gets a break from difficult teams with beatable teams. The ending stretch for the Broncos provides a challenge, with their last game being against none other than the Kansas City Chiefs.
Overall: The Broncos are still going through a rebuild and don’t even know who will start at the quarterback position. If Denver is able to acquire Rodgers, they would have a great chance at postseason success. However, as of now, things aren’t looking great for the Broncos. This season will be an uphill battle.
Prediction: Denver will finish 6-11, last in the division.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.