2021 NFL Schedule Breakdown: Baltimore Ravens
Baltimore will begin another campaign led by Lamar Jackson in their never-ending quest for a Super Bowl win. Last season, the Ravens had a rough start but they were able to bounce back to make the playoffs due to a strong performance in the latter half of the season. Baltimore made it to the Divisional Round but eventually fell to the Buffalo Bills. With the 2021 regular-season schedule released, will the Ravens have an easy route to the playoffs this year, or will they struggle?
Baltimore Ravens Schedule:
- Week 1: Mon 09/13 at Las Vegas Raiders
- Week 2: Sunday 09/19 vs Kansas City Chiefs
- Week 3: Sun 09/26 at Detroit Lions
- Week 4: Sun 10/03 at Denver Broncos
- Week 5: Mon 10/11 vs Indianapolis Colts
- Week 6: Sun 10/17 vs Los Angeles Chargers
- Week 7: Sun 10/24 vs Cincinnati Bengals
- Week 8: BYE
- Week 9: Mon 11/07 vs Minnesota Vikings
- Week 10: Thu 11/11 at Miami Dolphins
- Week 11: Sun 11/21 at Chicago Bears
- Week 12: Sun 11/28 vs Cleveland Browns
- Week 13: Sun 12/05 at Pittsburgh Steelers
- Week 14: Sun 12/12 at Cleveland Browns
- Week 15: Sun 12/19 vs Green Bay Packers
- Week 16: Sun 12/26 at Cincinnati Bengals
- Week 17: Sun 01/02 vs Los Angeles Rams
- Week 18: Sun 01/09 vs Pittsburgh Steelers
AFC North: The Ravens have a really good chance of placing first in the division. Last season, they tied with the Steelers for the division crown, but Pittsburgh held the tiebreaker. So expect for Baltimore to either win the division or at least place second in the division. If they don’t win the division, they should sneak into the playoffs with a Wild Card berth, just as they did last year.
Matchups: Baltimore’s schedule is not favorable as they have matchups with many playoff teams. The Ravens have an eight-game stretch From Week 11 to Week 18 when they will have to play seven teams that made the playoffs last year. The only matchup during that span against a non-playoff team is Week 16 when Baltimore will host the Bengals. The biggest games for the Ravens will be Week 2 against the Chiefs and their two matchups with the Steelers (Week 13 and Week 18). Expect some good football in the aforementioned games, and the Steelers-Ravens regular-season series will decide who controls the division.
A week of sports news in your in-box.
We find the sports news you need to know, so you don't have to.
Overall: Baltimore will have a tough regular season that can dash their playoff hopes. However, the recent playmaker additions to the team will give the team a much-needed boost on the offensive passing end. With Lamar Jackson leading the team and Jackson being excited with the new additions, the team will be rejuvenated to make a deep run.
Prediction: Although Baltimore will face high-quality opponents, the Ravens will finish the season with a 12-5 record.
Leave a comment
Get the most-revealing celebrity conversations with the uInterview podcast!