2021 NFL Schedule Breakdown: Arizona Cardinals
Last season, the Arizona Cardinals made major improvements despite finishing with an 8-8 record. The team showed that under the right circumstances, they are capable of making the playoffs with Kyler Murray under center. So, in the offseason, the team signed players that will bring them a step closer towards becoming a playoff team.
The Cardinals were busy improving their roster this offseason. Arizona signed seven-time Pro-Bowl wideout A.J. Green, running back James Conner and three-time Pro Bowl center Rodney Hudson. These are major upgrades for the team’s offense.
Defensively, the team signed Pro-Bowler defensive end J.J. Watt, Malcolm Butler and they drafted the highly-touted prospect, Zaven Collins. This will vastly improve the team’s defense. Last season, the team’s defense allowed over 26 points in six games after they jumped to a 6-3 start. The 26 points allowed in six different games contributed to the Cardinals’ going 3-6 following their Week 8 bye. Now, Arizona is hoping to make the playoffs in a difficult NFC West division.
Arizona Cardinals Schedule:
- Week 1: Su 09/12 at Tennessee Titans
- Week 2: Sun 09/19 vs Minnesota Vikings
- Week 3: Sun 09/26 at Jacksonville Jaguars
- Week 4: Sun 10/03 at Los Angeles Rams
- Week 5: Sun 10/10 vs San Francisco 49ers
- Week 6: Sun 10/17 at Cleveland Browns
- Week 7: Sun 10/24 vs Houston Texans
- Week 8: Thu 10/28 vs Green Bay Packers
- Week 9: Sun 11/07 at San Francisco 49ers
- Week 10: Sun 11/14 vs Carolina Panthers
- Week 11: Sun 11/21 at Seattle Seahawks
- Week 12: BYE
- Week 13: Sun 12/05 at Chicago Bears
- Week 14: Mon 12/13 vs Los Angeles Rams
- Week 15: Sun 12/19 at Detroit Lions
- Week 16: Sat 12/25 vs Indianapolis Colts
- Week 17: Sun 1/02 at Dallas Cowboys
- Week 18: Sun 01/09 vs Seattle Seahawks
NFC West: The division is expected to be closely fought between the Seahawks and the Rams. Arizona could challenge for the division title, but they likely don’t have enough experience to win the division outright. However, the Cardinals could sneak into the postseason with a Wild Card berth.
Matchups: The Cardinals will have a tough schedule this season, especially since they have to face the Seahawks and Rams twice each. The toughest stretch for Arizona begins after their Week 12 bye. Once they come back from their bye week, they face the Bears, Rams, Cowboys and Seahawks.
Overall: The Cardinals made big offseason moves in improving their offense and defense. The team did so by acquiring former Pro Bowlers to join them as they look for their first playoff berth since 2015.
Prediction: Arizona will finish with a 10-7 record.