News

Nike Suspends Deshaun Watson’s Endorsement Deal, Dre Beats Terminate Sponsorship

Nike has suspended their endorsement deal with Deshaun Watson. In addition, Beats by Dre has terminated its sponsorship of Watson amidst accusations of sexual misconduct and sexual assault.

“We are deeply concerned by the disturbing allegations and have suspended Deshaun Watson,” Nike said in their Wednesday statement. “We will continue to closely monitor the situation.”

Currently, 22 women have filed civil lawsuits against the Houston Texans star over the past month. All the lawsuits allege inappropriate behavior by Watson during massage and therapy sessions.

On Tuesday, Ashley Solis spoke publicly about her allegations, saying that Watson robbed her of the feeling that she was healing people as a massage therapist. “I suffer from panic attacks, anxiety, and depression,” Solis said. “I hope he knows how much pain he’s inflicted on me emotionally and physically… My father, who was once a diehard Texans fan, can no longer mention [Watson’s] name without his face turning red.”

Subscribe to our free weekly newsletter!

A week of sports news in your in-box.
We find the sports news you need to know, so you don't have to.

The NFL has launched an investigation on the Texans quarterback under its personal conduct policy. NFL spokesperson Brian McCarthy on Tuesday said that the allegations against the quarterback were “deeply disturbing.”

Watson has denied any wrongdoing and continues to say that the accusations are false. The quarterback is being represented by James Hardin and his law firm. Following Tuesday’s news conference, Hardin’s law firm said that Tony Buzbee‘s law firm, which is representing the plaintiffs “sought $100,000 in hush money on behalf of Ms. Solis to quietly settle the allegations the month before he filed the first lawsuit.”

Last week, 18 women released a statement through Hardin, alleging that they have worked with the Texans’ quarterback, and he has never made them feel uncomfortable. Watson’s attorney alleges that the 18 women voluntarily gave their statements defending the quarterback.

Allan Perez

Recent Posts

Kyle Tucker, With $240 Million Contract, Booed At Dodger Stadium As Slump Deepens

Dodgers fans turned on Kyle Tucker at Dodger Stadium on Sunday, booing the outfielder after…

12 hours ago

WNBA Stars Paige Bueckers & Azzi Fudd Are Finally Talking About Being A Couple, On Their Own Terms

Paige Bueckers and Azzi Fudd are stepping into the spotlight to discuss their romantic relationship…

12 hours ago

Giants Sign Najee Harris, Release JuJu Smith-Schuster in Roster Shakeup

The New York Giants made two notable roster moves on Tuesday, signing running back Najee…

13 hours ago

Vikings’ Jamal Adams Out For Season With Knee Injury

Minnesota Vikings defender Jamal Adams will miss the entirety of the 2026 season after suffering…

2 days ago

Warriors Rookie Yaxel Lendeborg Talks Trash About Dillon Brooks Ahead of Rookie Season

Golden State Warriors rookie forward Yaxel Lendeborg wasted little time establishing his competitive edge, throwing…

2 days ago

Von Miller Signs With Hometown Cowboys In One-Year Deal

Future Hall of Fame pass rusher Von Miller is heading home. The Dallas Cowboys announced…

2 days ago