Dolphins’ Jay Cutler Clears Concussion Protocol, Will Start Vs. Broncos
Jay Cutler Concussion News
The veteran quarterback has cleared concussion protocol and can thus start against the Denver Broncos at home Sunday, coach Adam Gase told reporters Wednesday.
Cutler, 34, missed the Dolphins’ (4-7, 4th in AFC East) 35-17 loss to the New England Patriots last week due to a concussion he sustained in the prior week’s loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
He has thrown for 1,602 yards, 13 touchdowns and nine interceptions this season. Cutler practiced on Wednesday.
“He’ll be all right,” Gase said, per Joe Schad of the Palm Beach Post. “We’ll get a good week of practice. We need to make sure we get the ball out on time.”
Cutler will replace Matt Moore, who struggled against the Patriots offense last week. The Dolphins — who have lost five straight games — rank 30th in total offense and has the NFL’s 31st-ranked passing attack.
In other injury news, running backs Damien Williams (shoulder) and Senorise Perry (concussion protocol) will not practice Wednesday.
Both players are expected to miss Sunday’s game against Denver, leaving Miami with one healthy running back. The Dolphins promoted running back De’Veon Smith from the practice squad later Wednesday.
The Broncos (3-8), meanwhile, have lost seven straight contests.
CHICAGO, IL – OCTOBER 31: Jay Cutler #6 of the Chicago Bears throws a pass during the first half against the Minnesota Vikings at Soldier Field on October 31, 2016 in Chicago, Illinois. (Photo by Stacy Revere/Getty Images)
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.