2021 NFL Schedule Breakdown: Washington Football Team
The Washington Football Team has been strengthening their roster for a deep playoff run. The team had to fill the vacant quarterback spot that was left by Alex Smith’s retirement. Washington signed veteran journeyman Ryan Fitzpatrick, and they gave Taylor Heinicke a contract extension. Although there may be a quarterback competition for the starting spot, It is widely assumed that Fitzpatrick will win the job.
In the offseason, Washington signed talented wide receiver Curtis Samuel and cornerback William Jackson. These signings will help Washington contend for another NFC East title.
Washington Football Team Schedule:
- Week 1: Sun 09/12 vs Los Angeles Chargers
- Week 2: Thu 09/16 vs New York Giants
- Week 3: Sun 09/26 at Buffalo Bills
- Week 4: Sun 10/03 at Atlanta Falcons
- Week 5: Sun 10/10 vs New Orleans Saints
- Week 6: Sun 10/17 vs Kansas City Chiefs
- Week 7: Sun 10/24 at Green Bay Packers
- Week 8: Sun 10/31 at Denver Broncos
- Week 9: BYE
- Week 10: Sun 11/14 vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Week 11: Sun 11/21 at Carolina Panthers
- Week 12: Mon 11/29 vs Seattle Seahawks
- Week 13: Sun 12/05 at Las Vegas Raiders
- Week 14: Sun 12/12 vs Dallas Cowboys
- Week 15: Sun 12/19 at Philadelphia Eagles
- Week 16: Sun 12/26 at Dallas Cowboys
- Week 17: Sun 1/02 vs Philadelphia Eagles
- Week 18: Sun 01/09 at New York Giants
NFC East: The division was one of the worst in league history last season. Washington barely won the division over the Giants in 2020. Washington, Dallas and New York all have a chance at winning this division. Dallas will be bolstered again now that Dak Prescott is healthy. The Giants added several key offensive weapons, including Pro Bowl wideout Kenny Golladay. The Cowboys are the favorites to win the division, but Washington could also win it if they win their divisional games.
Matchups: Key games for Washington will be against their divisional foes, the Giants and Cowboys. Between Weeks 3 and Week 7, Washington will endure a stretch of tough games against the Bills, Chiefs, Saints and Packers. Once Washington returns from their bye week, they will be subjected to a game with Tom Brady and the Buccaneers in Week 10. Weeks 14 through Week 18 will be the most important stretch of games for the Football Team. They will face five division rivals in each of their final five games.
Overall: Washington has made the moves needed to remain competitive in the NFC East. Adding Fitzpatrick and Samuel will improve the offense. The defense is already elite.
Prediction: Washington will finish with a 9-8 record.