2021 NFL Schedule Breakdown: Miami Dolphins
The Miami Dolphins will be looking to build on last season’s success. Under head coach Brian Flores, the team made huge improvements finishing with a 10-6 record last season. It was the best record for the team in recent years and it was only Flores’ second season coaching the Dolphins. Flores will be looking to coach the team to the playoffs this season. However, for the team to achieve success it will depend on quarterback Tua Tagovailoa, who performed well for the team in his nine appearances. Tagovailoa went 6-3 in nine starts after taking over for Ryan Fitzpatrick. He will be the starter this upcoming season.
Miami Dolphins Schedule:
- Week 1: Sun 09/12 at New England Patriots
- Week 2: Sunday 09/19 vs Buffalo Bills
- Week 3: Sun 09/26 at Las Vegas Raiders
- Week 4: Sun 10/03 vs Indianapolis Colts
- Week 5: Sun 10/10 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Week 6: Sun 10/17 at Jacksonville Jaguars
- Week 7: Sun 10/24 vs Atlanta Falcons
- Week 8: Sun 10/31 at Buffalo Bills
- Week 9: Sun 11/07 vs Houston Texans
- Week 10: Sun 11/11 vs Baltimore Ravens
- Week 11: Sun 11/21 at New York Jets
- Week 12: Sun 11/28 vs Carolina Panthers
- Week 13: Sun 12/05 vs New York Jets
- Week 14: Sun 12/12 BYE
- Week 15: Sat 12/18 vs New York Jets
- Week 16: Mon 12/27 at New Orleans Saints
- Week 17: Sun 01/02 at Tennessee Titans
- Week 18: Sun 01/09 vs New England Patriots
AFC East: The Dolphins will be regarded as the second-best team in the division, only behind the Bills. Miami will easily handle the Jets this season as they defeated the Jets in both regular-season meetings last season. Although Miami split their regular-season games with the Patriots last year, this season will be a different story. If rookie quarterback Mac Jones were to start for the Patriots, Miami would have no problem dispatching the Patriots. Even if Cam Newton starts, the Dolphins have the superior roster. The only problem for Miami in the division is none other than the Bills. Buffalo beat Miami in both meetings last year, but the Dolphins have the capacity to upset Buffalo in 2021.
Matchups: Miami will not have a difficult schedule this season. The tough games that do stand out will be against the Bills, Saints, Buccaneers and the Ravens. The last time that Miami faced all the aforementioned teams, they lost. This time, Miami has a chance to at least beat one of those teams under a new head coach and a rising quarterback in Tagovailoa. The Dolphins should be able to beat the Saints, who will be without long-time quarterback Drew Brees.
Overall: Miami will be able to build on their recent success and rise under Flores. It helps that the team has a favorable schedule. The team’s success will depend on its young players, including Tagovailoa.
Prediction: Miami will finish 11-6 and qualify for the playoffs.