2021 NFL Schedule Breakdown: Las Vegas Raiders
The Raiders are looking to break more ground in their new city by making the playoffs for the first time since 2002. However, there are concerns with the offseason moves the team has made.
The big question for the team is how well their offensive line performs. The team made a huge overhaul of their offensive line. The Raiders traded away Pro Bowl center Rodney Hudson, Gabe Jackson and Trent Brown. In their place, the team has Andre James at the center, Denzelle Good possibly at right guard and rookie Alex Leatherwood filling the right tackle position. The new offensive line is much younger and is built to challenge both ends. How the new line for the team will fare is the biggest question and concern.
Las Vegas Raiders Schedule:
- Week 1: Mon 09/13 vs Baltimore Ravens
- Week 2: Sun 09/19 at Pittsburgh Steelers
- Week 3: Sun 09/26 vs Miami Dolphins
- Week 4: Mon 10/04 at Los Angeles Chargers
- Week 5: Sun 10/10 vs Chicago Bears
- Week 6: Sun 10/17 at Denver Broncos
- Week 7: Sun 10/24 vs Philadelphia Eagles
- Week 8: Mon 11/01 BYE
- Week 9: Sun 11/07 at New York Giants
- Week 10: Sun 11/14 vs Kansas City Chiefs
- Week 11: Sun 11/21 vs Cincinnati Bengals
- Week 12: Thu 11/25 at Dallas Cowboys
- Week 13:Sun 12/05 vs Washington Football Team
- Week 14: Sun 12/12 at Kansas City Chiefs
- Week 15: Thu 12/19 at Cleveland Browns
- Week 16: Sun 12/26 vs Denver Broncos
- Week 17: Sun 1/02 at Indianapolis Colts
- Week 18: Sun 01/09 vs Los Angeles Chargers
AFC West: The Raiders were the second-best team within the division last season. The highest the team will finish is second in the division again. It is nearly impossible for the Raiders to surpass the defending two-time AFC champion Kansas City Chiefs. The Chargers and Broncos also improved a bit during the offseason, so this could be a difficult season for the Raiders. They will have to win three or four of their six divisional games to have any shot at a Wild Card playoff berth.
Matchups: The Raiders’ first four games will be tough. Facing the Ravens and then the Steelers is not the way the team hoped to start their season. The Raiders will have to begin the season against two of the top contenders in the AFC and then hose an up-and-coming Dolphins team. Then in Week 4, Las Vegas has their first divisional matchup, an away game against the Chargers. As the season progresses, Las Vegas gets some rest with easier matchups, but then faces playoff contenders to close out the season. Overall, it’s a pretty average schedule.
Overall: The Raiders have some big concerns with how effective their newly revamped offensive line will work against other teams. Even if it is effective, Las Vegas has a hard schedule to go through. They’ll have to face the Chiefs twice, the Browns, Steelers and Ravens. Las Vegas does not have it easy.
Predictions: The Raiders will finish 8-9 and fail to make the postseason.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.