News

Nate Diaz & Jake Paul Fight To Move Forward As Arrest Warrant Is Issued – Ticket Info

Nate Diaz’s legal trouble may not affect his boxing fight scheduled for Jake Paul over the summer.

The mixed martial artist will move forward with his fight with Paul and a press conference is scheduled for May 9, reports the Boxing Scene.

That comes despite a video that leaked over the weekend of Diaz choking a man, who has been identified as Rodney Petersen, unconscious.

> GET DIAZ-PAUL FIGHT TICKETS HERE!

Subscribe to our free weekly newsletter!

A week of sports news in your in-box.
We find the sports news you need to know, so you don't have to.

The action has resulted in the New Orleans Police Department sending out a warrant for Diaz’s arrest for alleged second-degree battery.

However, Diaz is claiming self-defense.

“Nate’s attorney Walter Becker can confirm that Nate has received word of the arrest warrant and Becker has been in contact with court authorities in New Orleans,” Zach Rosenfield, a representative for Diaz said in a statement to TMZ Sports.

“Nate’s attorney looks forward to presenting all of the facts about this incident to the District Attorney which clearly demonstrates that a trained fighter named Rodney Petersen aggressively pursued Nate with the intention of engaging him and once doing so, Nate acted entirely in self-defense.”

As the fight will reportedly move forward, Paul has agreed to have fellow YouTuber Olajide Olayinka Williams Olatunji, also known as KSI serve as the backup fighter.

KSI previously fought Paul’s brother Logan twice. One was scored a draw and the other gave KSI the nod with a split decision.

But Diaz didn’t take too kindly to Paul agreeing to fight KSI if it comes down to that.

“Lol why Dont u to scared p***ys just fight each other [in] august [and] I’ll fight someone who can really fight.”

Diaz, of course, is known for his UFC career and was one of the most recognizable names in the sport.

While it’s unclear if he will ever return to the Octagon, he owns a 22-13 record in the UFC.

He has fought Conor McGregor twice, where the two are 1-1 against each other.

McGregor has stated multiple times that the trilogy between him and Diaz will happen one day to settle the score.

However, Diaz is set for a payday in boxing against one of the biggest draws in the sport.

Diaz is scheduled to fight Paul on Saturday, August 5.

Like
Like Love Haha Wow Sad Angry
Anthony Russo

Recent Posts

Jake Paul’s Fiancee, Jutta Leerdam, Could Earn $1 Million From Nike After Showcasing Underwear At Winter Olympics

Jutta Leerdam, the fiancée of social media personality and boxer Jake Paul, could earn up…

15 hours ago

Crotchgate Scandal: Norwegian Olympics Skiers Marcus Lindvik & Johann Andre Forfang Caught Using Illegal Suits

Officials from the International Ski and Snowboard Federation (FIS) found violations in the suits of…

16 hours ago

Anthony Edwards & Team Stars Win First ‘USA Vs. World’ NBA All-Star Game

Team USA Stars have won the NBA All-Star Game after defeating Team World and Team…

16 hours ago

Tyreek Hill Part Of Mass Layoff For Miami Dolphins

The Miami Dolphins made a shocking decision to release former Pro Bowl wide receiver Tyreek…

16 hours ago

VIDEO EXCLUSIVE: U.S. Olympic Hockey Star Kendall Coyne Reveals Winning Habits: ‘The Olympics Are Every Day!’

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/3fvh31F7m_E U.S. Olympic hockey star Kendall Coyne revealed her winning habits exclusively to uSports ahead…

16 hours ago

Kansas State Fires Jerome Tang Days After He Told Players They ‘Didn’t Deserve To Wear Uniform’

Kansas State has fired its head coach, Jerome Tang. This decision comes less than a…

17 hours ago