ABU DHABI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES - NOVEMBER 27: Jenson Button of Great Britain driving the (22) McLaren Honda Formula 1 Team McLaren MP4-31 Honda RA616H Hybrid turbo leads Daniil Kvyat of Russia driving the (26) Scuderia Toro Rosso STR11 Ferrari 060/5 turbo during the Abu Dhabi Formula One Grand Prix at Yas Marina Circuit on November 27, 2016 in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. (Photo by Lars Baron/Getty Images)
Jenson Button is making his return to Formula One after a five-month absence.
The 37-year-old British driver will replace Spaniard Fernando Alonso on the McLaren team at the Monaco Grand Prix on May 28.
“Jenson spent 17 years in F1,” said Boullier. “He drove these levels of downforce before and, having gone through the differences in technicalities of driving this year’s car and last year’s car, we agreed that it would be better to spend a couple of days in the simulator than to test in Bahrain on a different circuit in completely different conditions from Monaco.
“He is fit and ready.”
Subscribe to our free weekly newsletter!
A week of sports news in your in-box.
We find the sports news you need to know, so you don't have to.
Troy Aikman told DLLS Sports that he is fully committed to the Miami Dolphins. Aikman…
Nike's attempt to trademark Los Angeles Lakers guard Bronny James' "B9" logo has been denied due to "likelihood of…
Green Bay Packers head coach Matt LaFleur has expressed his full trust in Jordan Love's ability to…
A controversial no-foul call in the closing seconds overshadowed the Detroit Pistons' Game 5 matchup…
Crissy Froyd, NFL Reporter for USA Today, was fired last month after comments about Dianna Russini and…
Keldon Johnson was at what may have felt like him gelling into his role as…