CINCINNATI, OHIO - DECEMBER 29: Baker Mayfield #6 of the Cleveland Browns celebrates after throwing a touchdown pass during the game against the Cincinnati Bengals at Paul Brown Stadium on December 29, 2019 in Cincinnati, Ohio. (Photo: Getty Images)
Who’da thunk that trading for a quarterback and giving him nearly a quarter of a billion dollars in guaranteed money would rub the team’s current QB the wrong way? Clearly not the Cleveland Browns.
The Browns (for-the-immediate-time-being) QB Baker Mayfield says he feels “disrespected” by the team’s decision to trade for Deshaun Watson last month.
“One-hundred percent,” said Mayfield, who’s under contract for next year at $18.9 million fully guaranteed. “I was told one thing and they completely did another.”
He added that the suddenly QB-needy Seattle Seahawks are “probably the most likely option” for him.
Subscribe to our free weekly newsletter!
A week of sports news in your in-box.
We find the sports news you need to know, so you don't have to.
“Even then, no idea,” said Mayfield. “I’m ready for the next chapter.”
“I really, truly, honestly have no regrets of my time in Cleveland of what I tried to give to that place,” Mayfield said. “True Clevelanders and true Browns fans know that.”
Watson still faces myriad civil lawsuits accusing him of sexual assault and inappropriate conduct, though he maintains that he “never assaulted” or “disrespected any woman.”
Dodgers fans turned on Kyle Tucker at Dodger Stadium on Sunday, booing the outfielder after…
Paige Bueckers and Azzi Fudd are stepping into the spotlight to discuss their romantic relationship…
The New York Giants made two notable roster moves on Tuesday, signing running back Najee…
Minnesota Vikings defender Jamal Adams will miss the entirety of the 2026 season after suffering…
Golden State Warriors rookie forward Yaxel Lendeborg wasted little time establishing his competitive edge, throwing…
Future Hall of Fame pass rusher Von Miller is heading home. The Dallas Cowboys announced…