Categories: Daily DigestNews

After Judge Dismisses Lawsuit Accusing Dak Prescott Of Sexual Assault, What’s Next For The Star QB?

On the basis of “insufficient evidence,” a judge in Collin County, Texas, has dismissed a lawsuit against Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott for sexual assault last week. Prescott’s countersuit and potential extortion charges against the woman are still active.

In January, two lawyers sent a letter on behalf of a woman who accused Prescott of exposing himself and later raping her in the back of a vehicle on the way to a strip club in February 2017. The woman was seeking $100 million in damages. Prescott denied the accusation in the letter and filed a lawsuit for extortion, prompting her to take legal action as well in March.

Following an investigation, Dallas police announced in May that they would not pursue criminal charges against Prescott due to a lack of evidence. Collin County Judge Angela Tucker dismissed the lawsuit for the same reason.

“Despite [the woman’s] and her legal team’s relentless efforts to extort money and damage Dak’s reputation, justice has consistently prevailed and will continue to do so,” Levi McCathern, Prescott’s attorney, said in a statement after the dismissal.

Subscribe to our free weekly newsletter!

A week of sports news in your in-box.
We find the sports news you need to know, so you don't have to.

Prescott has denied the accusations in public, with his legal representatives accusing the woman of making a weak extortion attempt years after the alleged incident. Prescott’s attorney has previously said that he does not wish to profit from any potential winnings in the countersuit, and intends to donate all proceeds to charities representing sexual assault survivors.

The Cowboys quarterback, 30, is entering the final year of his current contract with the team, and could reportedly be in talks for an extension. He has denied that the investigation and lawsuit have impacted his dealings with the Cowboys or NFL.

Patrick Moquin

Recent Posts

Matthew Stafford Stays In L.A. WIth $55 Million, 1-Year Contract

Matthew Stafford is getting paid.The Los Angeles Rams officially agreed to a new contract extension…

14 hours ago

Will Lebron James Take A Pay Cut To Help Build A Championship Team?

LeBron James, 41, remains the biggest topic of any NBA offseason storyline.Questions are swirling around…

14 hours ago

Heated Fan Exchange Involving Rory McIlroy During the PGA Championship Spotlights Role Of Fans’ Behavior In Golf

Rory McIlroy found himself involved in a heated exchange with a fan during the final…

1 day ago

Eagles’ Star Nolan Smith Arrested For Driving 135 MPH, Mugshot Released

Philadelphia Eagles pass rusher Nolan Smith was arrested May 15 after allegedly driving 135 mph…

2 days ago

49ers’ George Kittle Shows Loyalty To His Oklahoma Roots In Thunder V. Spurs Series

George Kittle is one of the greatest tight ends in NFL history, but people often…

2 days ago

The Case For Alex Caruso: Why Thunder Need Him Now

Alex Caruso had an insane performance in game one of the Western Conference finals versus…

2 days ago