News

Woman Files Lawsuit Against Minnesota Vikings’ Dalvin Cook

The Minnesota Vikings are investigating after star-running back Dalvin Cook was sued by a woman who alleges Cook abused her in a past relationship.

Cook allegedly attacked a former girlfriend, causing a concussion, during an altercation at his home last year, a lawsuit filed Tuesday claimed. Cook’s attorney, Dave Valentini, said his client was assaulted by the woman after she broke into his residence, saying in a statement Tuesday night that she later tried to extort him of millions of dollars.

The woman identified herself as Gracelyn Trimble, a sergeant in the U.S. Army. According to the lawsuit, she flew to Minnesota to break up with Cook and get her belongings from his home when things allegedly turned violent.

She accused Cook of giving her “a concussion, leaving a scar on my face and taking me through hell.” According to the suit, she used mace on him before going into his bedroom, grabbing his gun and calling a friend for help, leading the running back to attack her with a broomstick, she alleges. When she returned to Florida after the altercation, she told medical personnel she had been in an ATV accident after seeking treatment for the injuries.

Subscribe to our free weekly newsletter!

A week of sports news in your in-box.
We find the sports news you need to know, so you don't have to.

The Vikings released a statement saying they “recently received notification from Dalvin Cook’s legal representative regarding a situation that occurred between Dalvin and a female acquaintance in November 2020 and led to an ongoing dispute between the parties. Upon learning of this, we immediately notified the NFL. We are in the process of gathering more information and will withhold further comment at this time.”

Valentini, however, said in his statement Tuesday that the woman allegedly used a stolen garage door opener to enter his home illegally and then attacked him and a guest there, using mace on him upon entering and forcing Cook and his guests to remain at the residence at gunpoint for hours.

No criminal charges were filed, and police were not contacted at the time of the altercation.

Enrique Gomezllanos

Recent Posts

Joe Flacco, 41, Says NFL Teams Were ‘Dumb’ Not To Make Him A Starting QB: ‘It Pisses Me Off!’

Joe Flacco recently signed a one-year contract worth $6 million to return to the Cincinnati…

1 day ago

Investigation Uncovers Inappropriate Touching By NC State Sports Medicine Director Robert Mupurhy

Title IX investigators found that North Carolina State sports medicine director Robert Murphy touched players…

1 day ago

Rapper J. Cole Is Headed To China To Play Basketball For Nanjing Monkey Kings

Rapper J. Cole has signed with a Chinese basketball team called the Nanjing Monkey Kings. …

1 day ago

Democrat Mark Cuban Regrets Selling Mavericks To Trump Ally Miriam Adelson & Others

Mark Cuban opened up in an interview about why he sold the Dallas Mavericks and…

1 day ago

Troy Aikman Committed To Dolphins Despite Unclear Role

Troy Aikman told DLLS Sports that he is fully committed to the Miami Dolphins. Aikman…

4 days ago

Nike’s Trademark Bid For Bronny James “B9” Logo Gets Rejected

Nike's attempt to trademark Los Angeles Lakers guard Bronny James' "B9" logo has been denied due to "likelihood of…

4 days ago