News

UFC 264: Mcgregor-Poirier To Fight In Front Of 20,000 Fans

On Wednesday, UFC president Dana White announced UFC 264’s location and the number of fans that will be allowed into the arena.

UFC 264 will be held on July 10 in Las Vegas, Nevada at T-Mobile Arena. The event will be headlined by the showdown between Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier.

GET THE BEST UFC 264 TICKET DEALS HERE!

“I’m so happy to finally be able to say Vegas is back,” White said in his announcement video. “This summer Las Vegas is back open for business, and on July 10, UFC 264 will be at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas at 100% capacity. Ladies and gentlemen, that’s 20,000 fans.”


The main event of UFC 264 will be the third fight between McGregor and Poirier. The two competitors got into a Twitter feud over the past weekend. The feud began when Poirier called McGregor out for not donating to a charity like agreed upon during their second fight. It resulted in a back-and-forth between the two fighters before the Irish fighter seemingly called the fight off and said that he’ll look for another opponent.

Subscribe to our free weekly newsletter!

A week of sports news in your in-box.
We find the sports news you need to know, so you don't have to.

However, things have dramatically changed since then. “I signed bout agreement this morning,” McGregor told ESPN’s Ariel Helwani. “I’m going to rip this game a new a–hole July 10th,” the Irishman expressed. “The Mac is back in Sin City! Full house!”

The two fighters will meet with one another for the third fight in their trilogy series. Their first bout resulted in a victory for McGregor. Earlier in January, the two fighters met for a second match, which resulted in a TKO victory for Poirer. This third fight is for all the marbles!

GET THE BEST UFC 264 TICKET DEALS HERE!

Allan Perez

Recent Posts

Peyton Watson Traded To Cavaliers In Multi-Team Blockbuster

The Cleveland Cavaliers have acquired forward Peyton Watson in a multi-team trade finalized in August…

3 days ago

James Harden Agrees To 3-Year, $97M Deal to Remain With Cavaliers – Is He Worth It?

James Harden is staying in Cleveland. The veteran guard has agreed to a three-year, $97…

3 days ago

Mexico’s CONMEBOL Ambitions Could Become Entangled With Infantino’s FIFA Future

Mexico's relationship with the international soccer establishment is facing a potentially significant turning point after…

3 days ago

Ketel Marte Placed On Restricted List, Returns To Phoenix For Knee Testing

Arizona Diamondbacks second baseman Ketel Marte did not appear for Monday's series opener against the…

4 days ago

Jeanie Buss Opposes Family’s Sale Of Remaining Lakers Stake To Bob Iger & Joshua Kushner

A family rift has erupted at the top of the Los Angeles Lakers, as Jeanie…

4 days ago

Former Wimbledon Finalist Nick Kyrgios Provisionally Suspended After Testing Positive For Cocaine

Former Wimbledon finalist Nick Kyrgios has been provisionally suspended from professional tennis after testing positive…

4 days ago