Categories: Uncategorized

Kurt Busch’s Suspension Lifted By NASCAR

After the criminal charges against Kurt Busch were thrown out by Delaware’s attorney general office, it appears the saga, which has given the media so much to write about, has officially ended. Former girlfriend, Patricia Driscoll, accused Busch of assaulting her at Dover International Speedway. A charge he refuted by claiming that she was a trained assassin — a statement that simply never gets old.

Now, Driscoll did win a protective order against the race car driver — resulting in his suspension — but there was not enough evidence to charge him on domestic assault. As a result, NASCAR reinstated Busch and waived the requirement that he needed to participate in every race to qualify for the Chase for the Sprint Cup.

“As we stated last week, the elimination of the possibility of criminal charges removed a significant impediment to Kurt Busch’s return to full status as a NASCAR member,” NASCAR executive vice president Steve O’Donnell said in a press release. “We therefore have decided to move him to indefinite probation and waive the Chase requirement. He has fully complied with our reinstatement program during his suspension and the health care expert who conducted his evaluation recommended his immediate return.”

Subscribe to our free weekly newsletter!

A week of sports news in your in-box.
We find the sports news you need to know, so you don't have to.

However, even with his reinstatement, Busch still has to take part in NASCAR’s rehabilitation program and is also indefinitely on probation. Still, the infamous driver just wants to get back in the car and carries no ill feelings towards NASCAR for their action.

“I understand why NASCAR needed to take the action that it did,” Busch told ESPN. “This is a very serious issue… I’m appreciative of the process, of the road to recovery. To me, it’s a road map that they laid out that I am respecting. It’s created such a good foundation to utilize moving forward that I wish I would have done it sooner.

“And the hardest part about all of this has been sitting out watching the 41 car go around the racetrack, especially at the Daytona 500,” Busch stated. “Atlanta is one of my favorite tracks, and Las Vegas is my hometown track. It’s been torture sitting out of the car.”

Kurt Busch will race Sunday in the Camping World 500 at Phoenix International Raceway.

Anthony Falco

Recent Posts

Peyton Watson Traded To Cavaliers In Multi-Team Blockbuster

The Cleveland Cavaliers have acquired forward Peyton Watson in a multi-team trade finalized in August…

1 day ago

James Harden Agrees To 3-Year, $97M Deal to Remain With Cavaliers – Is He Worth It?

James Harden is staying in Cleveland. The veteran guard has agreed to a three-year, $97…

1 day ago

Mexico’s CONMEBOL Ambitions Could Become Entangled With Infantino’s FIFA Future

Mexico's relationship with the international soccer establishment is facing a potentially significant turning point after…

1 day ago

Ketel Marte Placed On Restricted List, Returns To Phoenix For Knee Testing

Arizona Diamondbacks second baseman Ketel Marte did not appear for Monday's series opener against the…

3 days ago

Jeanie Buss Opposes Family’s Sale Of Remaining Lakers Stake To Bob Iger & Joshua Kushner

A family rift has erupted at the top of the Los Angeles Lakers, as Jeanie…

3 days ago

Former Wimbledon Finalist Nick Kyrgios Provisionally Suspended After Testing Positive For Cocaine

Former Wimbledon finalist Nick Kyrgios has been provisionally suspended from professional tennis after testing positive…

3 days ago