News

Jalen Kitna Accepts Plea Deal, Five Child Pornography Charges Dropped

Former University of Florida quarterback Jalen Kitna pleaded no contest to two misdemeanor counts of breach of the peace Wednesday. The plea was part of a deal in which five felony child pornography charges were dropped.

Kitna was arrested on Nov. 30 last year after local officers received a tip from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children that a Discord account in the Gainesville area had been distributing images of child sexual abuse. All of his electronic devices were seized.

A subsequent investigation by the Gainsville Police Department found that Kitna was the probable owner of the account, which had shared two images of young girls being sexually abused. Images of sexual abuse were also allegedly found on Kitna’s phone.

As a result of the plea deal, Kitna was sentenced to one year probation, which can be shortened to six months as part of his parole terms. He will not have to register as a sex offender.

Subscribe to our free weekly newsletter!

A week of sports news in your in-box.
We find the sports news you need to know, so you don't have to.

“I’m thankful for all of their support during this time,” Kitna said from a statement in court. “Watching how this has affected the ones closest to me has been the most difficult during this process. I’ve learned some very valuable lessons. I will apply these lessons to my life moving forward. With my family’s support and love, I am thankful I can now put this behind me.”

Following Kitna’s arrest, the Gainsville Police Department released a statement advising parents to be aware of their children’s social networking activity.

“The Gainesville Police Department wants parents to be aware that children are solicited and exploited through social networking applications,” the statement said. “Those social networking applications … are also used to share images and videos which depict young children being sexually abused.”

Kitna appeared in four games for Florida last season as the backup quarterback behind Anthony Richardson. His father played in the NFL from 1996 to 2011 and 2013 and coached him at Burleson High School in Texas.

Patrick Moquin

Recent Posts

Kyle Tucker, With $240 Million Contract, Booed At Dodger Stadium As Slump Deepens

Dodgers fans turned on Kyle Tucker at Dodger Stadium on Sunday, booing the outfielder after…

5 hours ago

WNBA Stars Paige Bueckers & Azzi Fudd Are Finally Talking About Being A Couple, On Their Own Terms

Paige Bueckers and Azzi Fudd are stepping into the spotlight to discuss their romantic relationship…

5 hours ago

Giants Sign Najee Harris, Release JuJu Smith-Schuster in Roster Shakeup

The New York Giants made two notable roster moves on Tuesday, signing running back Najee…

5 hours ago

Vikings’ Jamal Adams Out For Season With Knee Injury

Minnesota Vikings defender Jamal Adams will miss the entirety of the 2026 season after suffering…

2 days ago

Warriors Rookie Yaxel Lendeborg Talks Trash About Dillon Brooks Ahead of Rookie Season

Golden State Warriors rookie forward Yaxel Lendeborg wasted little time establishing his competitive edge, throwing…

2 days ago

Von Miller Signs With Hometown Cowboys In One-Year Deal

Future Hall of Fame pass rusher Von Miller is heading home. The Dallas Cowboys announced…

2 days ago