News

Chiefs’ Kadarius Toney Says ‘He Isn’t Hurt’ On Instagram: ‘They Won’t Play Me’

Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Kadarius Toney went live on Instagram on the day of the AFC Championship game, saying that he wasn’t hurt and accusing the team of mismanaging his injury.

It was an expletive-laden rant that didn’t last long but included the receiver saying multiple times, “They won’t play me,” implying he was out for non-injury-related purposes.

Toney hasn’t played since Week 15, and most recently, was reportedly out because of a hip injury as well as the birth of his daughter.

Chiefs head coach Andy Reid was asked about Toney and his Instagram live on Monday, stating that he hadn’t seen the video but is hoping Toney can return to action soon.

Subscribe to our free weekly newsletter!

A week of sports news in your in-box.
We find the sports news you need to know, so you don't have to.

“I actually haven’t seen it. I’ve heard people talk about it,” Reid said. “Obviously he’s been on the injury report, so that part is not made up by any means. But he’s been working through some things and he’ll be back out there.”

Toney caught 27 passes for 169 yards and a touchdown for the Chiefs in 13 regular season games this year. He was only the tenth most prolific receiver for Kansas City in 2023, highlighted by multiple dropped passes and a key offsides call against Buffalo in Week 14. Though it has been a down year for the 2021 first-round pick, Toney was very impactful in the Chiefs Super Bowl win last year, catching a touchdown pass and returning a punt for a record 65 yards.

Despite missing the past six games, Toney returned to practice later in the week for the Chiefs ahead of their Super Bowl matchup against the San Fransisco 49ers. Toney was taken off the injury report due to his hip on Wednesday and was taken off the practice report on Thursday. His status for the Super Bowl is still currently unknown as the 25-year-old returned to action after more than a month and a half absence from the field. Toney is currently in the last year of his four-year $13.7 million deal he signed with the Giants in 2021. The Chiefs can pick up his fifth-year option and bring him back next year for about $2.5 million if they continue to see him as a valuable piece to their offense.

Eli Gregorski

Recent Posts

Vikings’ Jamal Adams Out For Season With Knee Injury

Minnesota Vikings defender Jamal Adams will miss the entirety of the 2026 season after suffering…

22 hours ago

Warriors Rookie Yaxel Lendeborg Talks Trash About Dillon Brooks Ahead of Rookie Season

Golden State Warriors rookie forward Yaxel Lendeborg wasted little time establishing his competitive edge, throwing…

22 hours ago

Von Miller Signs With Hometown Cowboys In One-Year Deal

Future Hall of Fame pass rusher Von Miller is heading home. The Dallas Cowboys announced…

23 hours ago

Joshua Báez Makes MLB History With 3 Home Runs In Cardinals Debut

St. Louis Cardinals rookie outfielder Joshua Báez etched his name into the MLB record books…

3 days ago

Falcon’s James Pearce Jr. Suspended 8 Games By NFL For Stalking Incident Involving Ex, WNBA Star Rickea Jackson

Atlanta Falcons edge rusher James Pearce Jr. has been suspended for the first eight games…

4 days ago

Drew Allar & Will Howard Impress As Steelers Cruise Past Packers In Preseason Opener – Aaron Rodgers Doesn’t Play

The Pittsburgh Steelers opened their 2026 preseason with a convincing 28-9 victory over the Green…

4 days ago