News

Bills’ LeSean McCoy Denies Involvement In Alleged Home Invasion, Assault Of Ex-Girlfriend

On Tuesday night, Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy denied being involved in any way in an alleged home invasion and subsequent assault of his estranged former girlfriend in Georgia.

Bills’ LeSean McCoy Linked To Assault Of Ex-Girlfriend

The home is reportedly owned by McCoy, who used Instagram to issue a statement saying he was not linked to the assault of Deliria Cordon, which allegedly happened in the early morning hours of Tuesday.

“For the record, the totally baseless and offensive claims made against me are completely false,” McCoy wrote. “Further more, I have not had any direct contact with any of the people involved in months.”

SLIDESHOW: 30 Best Sports Instagrams! 

Subscribe to our free weekly newsletter!

A week of sports news in your in-box.
We find the sports news you need to know, so you don't have to.

In their own statement, Cordon’s lawyers claimed a man broke into the residence — where she had also been living since late 2016 — while she was sleeping and demanded she give him cash and jewelry she had received from McCoy. The man, who was carrying a weapon, then allegedly attacked Cordon and left her so badly bruised and bloodied she was taken to a local hospital. Attorneys said Cordon’s cousin, who was also in the home at the time of the incident, sustained minor injuries.

The Bills and the NFL both said in statements that they are aware of the situation and will investigate the claims.

According to the Washington Post, which cited court documents, McCoy tried to evict Cordon from the home last month. The Bills star had reportedly attempted to go through with the eviction without informing Cordon. She eventually realized thanks to security camera footage that McCoy had sent people to remove her possessions from the house and proceeded to call the police.

SLIDESHOW: Sports Figures Who Died In 2018

Despite all this, Cordon’s attorneys claimed the couple had considered marrying as recently as May.

McCoy, who will be 30 on Thursday, is no stranger to scandals of this type. In 2013, while playing for the Philadelphia Eagles, a woman sued him for allegedly assaulting her before throwing her off a bus. In 2016, the running back was also allegedly embroiled in a fight with police officers at a nightclub in Philadelphia, although no charges resulted from this incident.

 

Pablo Mena

Writer and assistant editor for usports.org. NY Giants and Rangers fan. Film and TV enthusiast (especially Harry Potter and The Office) and lover of foreign languages and cultures.

Recent Posts

Troy Aikman Committed To Dolphins Despite Unclear Role

Troy Aikman told DLLS Sports that he is fully committed to the Miami Dolphins. Aikman…

2 days ago

Nike’s Trademark Bid For Bronny James “B9” Logo Gets Rejected

Nike's attempt to trademark Los Angeles Lakers guard Bronny James' "B9" logo has been denied due to "likelihood of…

2 days ago

Packers’ Coach Matt LaFleur Has Trust In QB Jordan Love To Change Playcalls

Green Bay Packers head coach Matt LaFleur has expressed his full trust in Jordan Love's ability to…

2 days ago

Lack Of Foul Call In Pistons’ Game 5 Loss To Cleveland Cavaliers Sparks Controversy

A controversial no-foul call in the closing seconds overshadowed the Detroit Pistons' Game 5 matchup…

2 days ago

Crissy Froyd Speaks Out After Being Fired From ‘USA Today’ After Trashing Dianna Russini Over Mike Vrabel Scandal

Crissy Froyd, NFL Reporter for USA Today, was fired last month after comments about Dianna Russini and…

3 days ago

Keldon Johnson Back In Form After Magnificent Playoff Performance

Keldon Johnson was at what may have felt like him gelling into his role as…

3 days ago